Meet My Muse

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Incredible Shrinking Boobs

Three months ago, I discovered by accident that my muse lives at the gym. Since this discovery, I've gone to the gym an average of 3 times a week. I've also typed nearly 300 pages. You could call it a fortunate accident. :) I have to get in shape if I want to write.

But for three months of working out, I only have 2 pounds in weight loss to show for it. Usually when I lose weight, the first place it comes off is my breasts. Naturally the first weight would come off my breasts, because they're also the last place I gain weight. Such is life in a barely-B cup. I can usually tell when I've crossed one of those losing or gaining lines, because my breasts will tell me. This time, however, they've decided they don't want to shrink.

In the last two days, two people have independently asked me if I've lost weight. It's a nice feeling, to think that people have noticed those two pounds have gone missing. But I haven't noticed them missing. I'm still a slightly-larger than barely-there B. I have yet to get ready to climb into the shower, glance in the mirror, and wonder where they've gone. Some would say it's because I've toned that I look slimmer despite not having lost any weight. I say, dammit, I want to see the numbers on the scale go down, too! I'm a woman! Why do my arms have to look like fit cannons if my behind needs a wide-load sign?!

I think my incredible non-shrinking breasts are telling me it's time to lay off the Halloween candy. Maybe then they'll cooperate with my master plan for speedy typing and smaller body.

Posted by Honey :: 8:00 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------