Meet My Muse

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

There's a whirlwind going on in my head right now. It might not calm down for another 6-8 months, but I'm hoping it does, because I'm 3/4 of the way through a first draft of a story with a hot guy and a girl-next-door and I want to finish the draft so I remember how it ends when I re-write it to fix the discrepancies that inevitably happen when you write a 90,000-word novel and change who plays what role halfway through as the characters reveal their true nature. (Jeez, was that all one sentence?)

Anyway, Mr. Honey got word that we're moving Up Nort (that's "up north" in non-Minnesota speak) this summer. Nope, not Minnesota, but since we've lived there before, it's still fun to call it "up nort". (You can quit rolling your eyes, Mr. Honey. You knew I was like this when you married me.)

Anyway, there's a possibility my job will transfer me so I won't be a housewife downing gin and indulging in bon-bons. Truth be told, I'm not a gin girl, and I'm not sure I've ever had a real bon-bon, so I can't even say that I'd like them. I'd rather have hot cocoa and those rip-off Mrs. Fields cookies. (Come on, admit it - you've seen that recipe come around your inbox where someone claims she was charged $250 for the Mrs. Fields recipe, so she's sharing it with everyone she knows to get her money's worth. Well, guess what? They're really good, even if they aren't really the Mrs. Fields recipe.)

But there's no sense dwelling on the future that far off just yet. As Mr. Honey called to remind me earlier this morning, in 11 days we're leaving for vacation. Yay! Tropical weather, here we come! (And not a moment too soon. It's gotten cold for Georgia in the last couple days.)

Have a great Tuesday! (Comments in parenthesis brought to you by the parenthesis sidenote fairy.)

Posted by Honey :: 10:54 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------