Meet My Muse

Monday, January 08, 2007

Glub, glub, glub

Yesterday morning, I sat down at my computer in our office and then immediately looked around to see what the cats were up to. Somebody was thumping something, like their foot against a desk, but I knew it wasn't me, and Mr. Honey was in the shower or something, so I knew it wasn't him. But the kittens were playing nicely somewhere, not making a thumping noise at all.

But the noise wouldn't stop. So I started thinking my neighbors were out to annoy me. But the neighbors weren't out and about yet.

Then Mr. Honey walked into the office. "Do you hear that?" I say, extremely annoyed at whoever it is who would be so thoughtless as to cause a constant banging noise for like 30 minutes straight before 8 AM on a Sunday morning.

Mr. Honey just grinned. "That's my beer," he announced.

Sure enough, it's beer, brewing in the closet in our office. Mr. Honey made up the batch Saturday afternoon, while fighting on the phone with an airline, and he put it away in the closet to ferment for the next two weeks. The yeast is doing its thing, and apparently having quite a party. That thumping is still going on today.

By the way, I was definitely less irritated once I realized it was Mr. Honey's beer. It's an animal - it can't help itself.

Posted by Honey :: 10:02 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------