Meet My Muse

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a.... Cat?

Yesterday morning, I was peacefully enjoying another of my trips to Weird-Ass Dream Land when I was yanked fully back to reality by this horrendous crashing noise at the side of my bed. Mr. Honey, who had been up for a couple hours and was working at his computer in the office, came flying into the bedroom about the same time my eyes began to focus on the situation at hand, which wasn't easy, considering I didn't have my glasses on or contacts in. Before either of us could say a word, though, this giant black thing came flying out of the top of the closet, landed on my thigh as gracefully as an ADHD cat knows how, and took off for the hills.

Mr. Honey snickered the entire time he was on the floor, gathering his shoe polish supplies and placing them back in the shoebox Jinx had managed to knock off the top closet shelf, occasionally pausing to find the little culprit peeking into the bedroom, at which point he'd affectionately say, "Jinx, you dolt," and then go back to snickering and picking up.

Saffron slept through the whole thing, curled up in a cat bed on the footstool beneath the window in our bedroom. It's like she's got a sixth sense that tells her when Jinx is being Jinx, and when it's time to panic. I love my cats. They entertain me to no end. Thank goodness this time it was 7:30 in the morning instead of 1 AM.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Honey :: 12:26 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------