Meet My Muse

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mr. Honey, My Hero

I confess, sometimes I take the people in my life for granted. But Mr. Honey was such a sweetheart this weekend while I was a girly-girl pain in the ass. So I thought I'd share this morning.

Living in the south has brought some unwelcome guests into our lives, in the form of these gigantic flying cockroach-type bugs affectionately known as "palmetto bugs" in this neck of the woods. They're as big as my thumb, and they've been known to get into our house from time to time. And the bastards don't even offer to pay rent. The bug guys insist they live outside and only occasionally come inside when looking for something, or maybe to get out of the rain.

I have to wonder exactly what the one last night was looking for. I caught him crawling on the curtain in our bedroom. Last I checked, we don't eat in the bedroom. In fact, when you think about what happens in the bedroom, this little bugger was either looking for a nice cozy place to sleep, or he was one horny little creep. But his intentions didn't matter too much to me. I was more concerned with squealing like a girl and hollering for Mr. Honey to come take care of it. Since this was the second bug of the night, and the second time I'd reacted this way, I was treated to a couple eyerolls and questioned about what I'd do if I found a big bug when my big strong Mr. Honey wasn't around to take care of it for me. Simple enough, I said. Raid and a vacuum.

I killed a bug on my toilet seat once with Raid. Idiot bug. I warned him that if he wasn't gone by the time I got back to the bathroom with the can of Raid, he'd be toasted and flushed, but he didn't listen. Bye-bye, Mr. Cockroach-Cousin. Then I had to scrub my toilet seat, obviously, but that's better than having any contact with the bug, first- or second-hand.

Anyway, I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Mr. Honey for taking care of me during my silly, bug-hating, screaming bloody murder over nothing, girly-girl moments. A girl like me couldn't ask for any more. ;)

Happy Monday!

Posted by Honey :: 8:14 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------