Meet My Muse

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

That's a First...

Mr. Honey and I were both uninspired when it came to planning and making dinner tonight, so we ordered pizza instead. Then we flipped a coin to see who'd get the honors of picking up dinner. I won. Or lost, however you want to look at it. So, I went down to our friendly local Pizza Hut and picked up dinner.

On the way home, my car was assaulted by a bird. Yeah, I know. Shit happens. Except shit didn't happen. The bird happened. My car was literally assaulted by the bird. No, I don't mean I hit the bird. I'm telling you, that bird hit me. I know this because I saw it swooping down toward my car, felt my heart palpitations as it drew nearer and nearer to the passenger side of my windshield, heard the thump, and from my rearview mirror witnessed the feathers floating behind me. I also noticed the bird continuing on its merry way across the road, probably hurt, but there's not much I could do for the bird when I was in decent traffic clipping along at 50 mph and it was taking refuge in a heavily wooded area.

When I pulled into our driveway, Mr. Honey met me at my car door, oblivious to the fact that I'd been assaulted. So, I enlightened him. And he said, "Sorry, babe. At least it didn't leave blood. Can I have the pizza?" Gotta love him.

I take solace in the fact that I didn't pull a JD, though. JD is a friend of ours from college. She was driving home on a rural Midwestern road about 10 years ago and also was assaulted by a bird. Problem was, the bird attacked her radio antenna. At 55 mph. Guess you could say the bird lost his head when he made that decision. And let me tell you, I was only too happy to hear the story afterwards and not get roped into that clean-up effort. So it could've been worse. For me, and the bird.

Posted by Honey :: 8:21 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------