Meet My Muse

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Turn Signal Optional

Yesterday morning, I was sitting at a red light waiting for my green arrow so I could turn left, and I noticed something. Out of the six cars sitting in line, waiting for the light to turn, I was the only one using my turn signal. One of the cars behind me was a cop car.

So I got to thinking... is it necessary to use a turn signal when it's obvious you're going to turn? I'm not talking about driving down the highway and switching lanes without signaling, or slowing down to turn off Main Street without signaling, I'm talking about instances where you're at a stoplight, and you're in the turn lane, so there's obviously no other course of action you'd reasonably be expected to take other than turning. Do you use your turn signal then?

I do, but it's because it's a practice that I've done for over a decade. I don't even think about it anymore. I'd have to think to not turn my signal on. How about you? Do you use your turn signal when you're in a turning-only lane?

Posted by Honey :: 8:14 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------