Meet My Muse

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Review

It's the end of the first 5-day work week in ages, and I'm taking off at noon today. :) We're driving up to Nashville tonight, then on to a state park in Kentucky tomorrow to celebrate a belated Christmas with Mr. Honey's family.

I've learned some valuable lessons already in the new year. So I thought I'd share some with you.

1. If you want it done right, do it yourself. (I know, I know. You're all banging your head against the keyboard yelling, "Duh, Honey!" But seriously - this has been reinforced ten-fold the past two weeks. It's become painfully obvious that not everyone understands the idea of customer service, even when your job title implies that you should. Hence the reason I'm not looking forward to Tuesday morning, when I'll see what all went wrong this afternoon while I was out.)

2. Cats can become addicted to the internet. Seriously. Saffron's new favorite spot to sit in the house is on my lap while I'm at my desk. Her hindquarters rest on my legs, and her front paws sit at the edge of my desk. She stares in fascination at the computer screen, and has been known to chase the pointer. Can't say I blame her - it's just a different version of a mouse. We've known for a while that Jinx likes to watch TV, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

3. If Mr. Honey doesn't change out of his work clothes as soon as he gets home, he feels like he's still at work. While this is excellent for getting dinner on the table and the dishes washed afterwards, it's not necessarily good for Mr. Honey. Mr. Honey, take a deep breath. Then call the masseuse. You deserve it.

4. If the kitchen sink is going to leak, the dishwasher probably will, too. So will the pipes in the bathroom. Along with the roof. I've learned I'm grateful we're moving in 7 months. I'm also grateful to Mr. Honey for handling all the phone calls to get the repairs done.

5. If you put out candy in your work area, you'll find friends you never knew you had. Even if the candy is only peppermints. Hmmm... Wait a minute. Maybe I just learned my breath stinks.

What have you learned this year?

Posted by Honey :: 9:16 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------