Meet My Muse

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mystery quotes...

Last week I teased you - who said, "I think I'm allergic to my clothes," and why, while we were on our cruise?

Er, that would be me.

I was sitting at breakfast about the second or third morning of our trip. Mr. Honey and I were eating at the outdoor buffet area, enjoying the weather, when he got up to get seconds. After a few minutes, I started sneezing.

You should know that for 3 weeks prior to our cruise, I sneezed incessantly. Seriously. I was starting to fear I'd developed an allergy to our cats. I'd sneeze at home. I'd sneeze at work. I'd sneeze in the car. I'd sneeze at stores and in friends' houses. Everywhere. All the time. So when I got to the cruise, and I stopped sneezing, it became quite clear that I was allergic to something - either middle Georgia, or our cats. Especially since every morning, when I put on a fresh, clean, set of clothes, I'd sneeze for about an hour and then go outside in the nice breeze, which would air out the fresh clothes I'd just put on, and I'd be all better about an hour later.

Back to breakfast. I was sitting there, all by my lonesome, sneezing. And this very nice woman sitting a few tables away turned around and said, "Bless you."

Being the polite person that I am, I responded, "Thank you." And then, for no particular reason other than an apparent need to over-share, I said, "I think I'm allergic to my clothes."

She recommended that I make my way to the pool and take care of that problem. I didn't have the nerve to look at her husband's face. But Mr. Honey certainly got a kick out of it when I told him what had happened.

Since we've been back, aside from the normal cold-induced sneezing and congestion, I haven't experienced the same level of olfactory discomfort. So I'm pretty sure whatever was causing problems, was just something in the air. Verdict is, I'm allergic to middle Georgia. Good thing we're moving to Ohio.

Ready for this week's mystery quote? Who said it and why? (Um, keyboard warning?)
"I don't like big balls."

Posted by Honey :: 10:25 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------