Meet My Muse

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Best Birthday Gift Ever - Or So Mr. Honey Thinks

For my birthday last week, Ellen, being the sweetheart that she is, bought me a copy of Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Natural Born Charmer in audiobook format. I downloaded it into my iPod, and Mr. Honey and I listened to the first half of it in the car over the weekend.

Once we got home, there was real work to be done. I tackled laundry while Mr. Honey went back to work on his masters classes. While I was wandering around the house doing basic housework, I had my iPod on and I started the second half of the story.

Last night, after dinner, I picked up the iPod again, and then realized my hands had nothing to do. I'm not a sit-and-do-nothing kind of person, so I folded the laundry while I listened. Once that was done, I wanted to listen to the book more, but I was kinda tired after the whole sleepwalking incident the night before, not to mention the effects of the weekend and daylight savings time. I figured if I just laid down on the bed to listen, I'd fall asleep, even though it was only 7:45 PM. Yep, I was that tired. So, instead of sitting still, I cleaned the bathroom.

I was halfway through when Mr. Honey realized what I was doing, even though I hardly noticed that I was scrubbing the toilet, because the book is that entertaining. He gave me the "turn off your story, I have something to say" gesture, so I paused the book. He grinned. "Looks like we need to get you more audiobooks."

So today, I say, "Thank you, Ellen, for giving me a pleasant way to clean my house." It might even sparkle before Natural Born Charmer is over. First time in a long time it'll be that clean, and we don't even have company coming over.

Posted by Honey :: 9:10 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------