Meet My Muse

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Quick! Grab that braincell!

Mr. Honey and I went out to lunch today, and I swear it made me dumber.

There was a television in the corner of the room, tuned in to CNN. We were 2 of 4 customers in the restaurant, so we could clearly hear the news. And do you know what the top stories of the day were? Yup. Britney Spears and Anna Nicole Smith. Because, like, it's so obvious we haven't had enough news about them recently. And, like, there's nothing more important than news about, like, our younger generation's role models. 'Cuz we all know all the little girls in this country want to grow up to marry rich octogenarians or fertile losers. They all want to pose naked in magazines. They all want to be interviewed by the major news networks who will later ask, "Where did things go wrong?" As if they could want anything else!

So, in the spirit of the day, Mr. Honey and I didn't wear our seatbelts on the drive home, we leaned out the windows and yelled, "WAZZZZUUUUUUPP!" every time we passed a cop or a senior citizen, and we blared classical music from the speakers in our little Corolla. We were pimpin' it, dudes. I could seriously use those braincells back. (For the record, I don't consider that to be breaking my new year's resolution on giving up celebrity gossip. I haven't clicked a single story online, I swear.)

In other news, the quote of the week from about 3 weeks ago was never fully resolved. It was kinda lame, so I don't blame you for not tuning in to find out who said it, but I'll tell you anyway now.
Mr. Honey and I were watching The Longest Yard. There's a line in the movie, something about "Hot dogs and high powered rifles, that's something you don't see everyday," and Mr. Honey repeated it, then shouted, "That's it! That should be your quote of the week."
So I gave him one of those looks and said, "The quote of the week has to be something one of us said.
At that point, he gave me one of his own looks and said, "I just said it!" And hence, the quote of the week from many moons ago. :)

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Posted by Honey :: 4:47 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------