Meet My Muse

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Kitty Signs of the Apocolypse

My cats are speaking in tongues. The end must be near.

No kidding, I was just sitting here in my home office, minding my own business, with the door shut so they can't get in here and jump on my back (Jinx is having "mommy issues" and has this constant need to be reassured we still love her), when I heard the strangest cry out in the hallway. It sounded remarkably like, "Mommy, don't you love me? Why, why, why?" Seriously. It's worse than the talking water bottles.

I know they're only using this strange meow sound to get my attention. Like when I get up in the morning, and Jinx isn't done snuggling yet. I walk out of the bathroom and find her sitting on my pillow, staring at me with that accusatory glare that only cats know how to use. "How could you leave this nice, warm bed where we were snuggling, Mom? Now I'm going to cry and meow until you pick me up so I can purr in your arms so you know you're forgiven. I'll probably knead on you and lick you clean, too, but don't you dare come near me with those claw trimmers."

Today was different, though. Today I vowed I would not give in to the kitten manipulation. So I turned my back on Jinx as she was meowing, bent over, and turned the scale on. She leapt from the bed and jumped onto my back. I shooed her off, then turned to put my pajamas under my pillow. She decided to climb onto my arm with her front legs, and then lift her back legs off the bed, forcing me to catch her before she tumbled upside down to the floor. Yes, I know she's a cat. I know she would've landed on her feet, and I know it was only 3 feet to the ground. But she's playing with my maternal instincts. And now one of them is sitting outside my office crying out in tongues. I think I'm kitty-whipped.

Labels:


Posted by Honey :: 9:12 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------