Meet My Muse

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Pi Day!

Happy Pi Day! The geek in me demands a celebration, and so we'll commence with mathematical problems involving circumferences and areas of circles shortly.

For the less geeky out there, I should probably explain that today, March 14, written 3-14 in the US, is called Pi Day because pi is approximately 3.14. In engineering school, I knew a guy who told his girlfriend he wanted all his children to be born on Pi Day. We went so far as to calculate the exact time she'd have to deliver his kids in order to extend pi out to more precise digits... but there's no need to go into that today.

You can go here for more information.

I'll be back tomorrow, probably with a math hangover.

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 9:36 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------