Meet My Muse

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just the fax, ma'am

I was sitting at my desk yesterday, minding my own business, when one of the guys walked up to me and peered at my copier/printer/faxer. "Did I get a fax this morning?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Haven't seen any come through, and nothing was sitting there when I got here," I told him.

He frowned. "But that guy told me there was a fax waiting for me. He must be a liar." Then he got this introspective look on his face. "You know what they say about liars," he said gravely.

I kinda just stared at him. I had no idea what "they" say about liars. "What?"

His nose went up a little. "I don't know. I assumed you did."

So I thought about it for a minute, and the light of brilliant inspiration shone down on me, illuminating my office with its punishing light. "Sure," I said. "They say, 'Never trust a liar with the fax.'"


It'll be a long time before we all recover from that one.

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 8:29 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------