Meet My Muse

Monday, April 09, 2007

Weekend Highlights

Mr. Honey and I spent a long weekend in D.C., visiting friends and hanging out and eating a lot and generally making quote-of-the-week worthy comments. Some highlights:

"I guess fruit isn't a highly-stolen item."
--Mr. Honey, upon emerging from the airplane Wednesday evening to find all the little kiosks and stands closed down, except for 3 baskets of apples, bananas, and oranges, standing there for all the world to indulge in.

"That was quite a monumental morning."
--Me, Thursday morning, after we walked from the metro stop to the Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, signers of the Declaration of Independence Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, Lincoln Monument, Korean War Memorial, World War I Memorial, Tulip Library, and halfway to the Jefferson Monument.

"Is she drunk?"
"Well, she did just drink a root beer..."
--Mr. Honey and one of our friends discussing my goofy state of mind after a serious sugar buzz. I can't even remember the last time I had three carbonated beverages over a weekend.

"Do you smell brown sugar?"
--Me again, after every mulch bed we passed. I'm not kidding - it smelled like brown sugar!

"I swear, I'm about to just hand you my camera and bend over."
--Yes, me, once again, this time sticking my foot in my mouth in front of one of Mr. Honey's friends as we walked past yet another mulch bed and I once again smelled brown sugar. Since I'd told Mr. Honey a bit earlier that I wanted to lean down and smell the mulch, and he'd responded that I'd better hand over my camera so he could get that on film, I mistakenly assumed he'd understand that I was going to sniff the mulch at ground level to verify that it was the source of the brown sugar smell. Seriously, who's ever heard of mulch smelling like brown sugar? It's just not natural.

"I smell it, too!"
--One of our dear friends, who later in the weekend smelled the brown sugar smell as we walked past more mulch beds.

Hope you all had a fabulous Easter Weekend!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Honey :: 10:07 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------