Meet My Muse

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Farewell, Cruel World

Well, it's not looking good here in Georgia. The longer we go without rain, the more convinced I am that I'm being poisoned. Yep, that's right. Darwinism is alive and well in this grand state, and it's taking the form of pollen poisoning.

Seriously, people, I saw a guy walking around the other day hacking up a cloud of pollen. A male coworker told me he watched pollen clouds blow over a field much like dust would during a drought in the midwest. And then there was the lady I work with who went in for a lung scan and came back in tears. Seems she needs surgery to remove the trees that have sprouted in her lungs. Doc said she'll probably make it, but she shouldn't inhale pollen for at least two weeks after the surgery. She's making plans to move to the city. She'd rather die by smog.

Green is pretty, but I'm getting awful tired of it. Itchy eyes, scratchy throats, and congested sinuses are making everyone cranky. Mother Nature, if you're listening, can you please send some rain to wash away all this pollen?

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 8:13 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------