Meet My Muse

Sunday, November 27, 2005

And I'll take a side of antacid with that

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's with Mr. Honey's family is officially over. We had a lot of fun and drank a lot of good liquor. It's been quite a while since I've imbibed quite so much. But that was some excellent wine. And champagne. And German brandy cream. And pina colada. And amaretto sour. And dessert wine. And homemade eggnog. Holy shit! And I'm a lightweight! Did I really drink all that over the course of 2.5 days? It does explain the uncontrollable laughter Friday night. And the intense desire to not go back to work tomorrow. ;)

I made the very best cinnamon rolls and caramel sticky buns I've ever made this weekend. Better Crocker is a goddess. I bow before her greatness and salivate profusely in her cookbooks. A little tweak here, powdered buttermilk there, brown sugar in the cinnamon-butter filling, some wheat flour thrown in for any health nuts in the house, and almond extract in the frosting, and WOW! I'm still on a sugar high a day and a half later. Maybe next time I'll serve 'em with a side of insulin.

Um, there's a man climbing on my neighbor's roof. I think it's time to end this for today and go gawk. And maybe be helpful if anybody falls. Gotta love hanging Christmas lights.

Posted by Honey :: 3:17 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------