Meet My Muse

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

On this day before Turkey Day, as people across the US hurriedly get through their workdays to make one last-minute run to the grocery store and then have a meal out before buckling down to cook, cook, cook, I'm grateful for all that I have.

I have a wonderful Mr. Honey who makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt on a regular basis. And he's been working out. ;) Lay off, ladies, he's mine.

I have a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator, and clothes on my back. I can write for pleasure and fulfillment, and read for fun.

I have great friends and family that I may complain about from time to time but wouldn't trade for the world.

I'm able to enjoy downtime through a variety of hobbies, some of which have led me to online groups that have given me more than I'll ever be able to give back.

I've been truly blessed with gifts in my life. So why do we wait until New Year's to make resolutions? Why not celebrate our blessings and pledge to use them and appreciate them now, on Thanksgiving Eve, when gratefulness is at the forefront of our minds?

With that in mind, I pledge to make a greater effort in the next year to use my gifts for the betterment of the world, in whatever capacity I'm able. Anybody who wants a laugh is welcome to come along for the ride. :)

Posted by Honey :: 10:33 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------