Meet My Muse

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Brown & Gray - The New Black & White

Today was a very brown and gray day.

Since it's Wednesday, I wore my brown pants, brown shirt, and brown boots to work. With my brown hair and still somewhat tanned skin, you could say I looked like a walking shift. But I wasn't the only one. When I got to work today, two of the first three people I saw were also in brown.

I figure it's because it went along with the gray sky. We had a front move through the area, so there were lots of clouds overhead with some sprinkles here and there. Kinda depressing, actually. I love rain, but I'm not such a big fan of wimpy drizzle.

But back to brown. Remember last week (yes, just last week) I mentioned that sweet tart smell in the bathroom? Well, there's a darn good reason somebody put that air freshener in there. We may use the ladies room, but that don't mean our shift smells like roses, you know what I mean? So, my question is, how in the world did a whole freakin' air freshener die in a week? Maybe it was cheap. Maybe it was bad. Or maybe, just maybe, this southern cookin' isn't good for somebody in my office and that poor air freshener got worked to death. I dunno which it is, but I think I'm gonna donate a can of Lysol to the women's bathroom at work.

Aside from the brown & gray and the weird ballerina-military officer at ease dreams last night, I have to say today was much better than yesterday. It felt like I got that do-over, because all day long I thought it was Tuesday. Until an hour ago, when I started thinking today's Thursday. As long as I don't wake up tomorrow thinking it's Saturday, though, we'll be okay.

Posted by Honey :: 7:10 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------