Meet My Muse

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Names and Places

I'm looking for a few good names for a story I'm pantsing. Since I'm pantsing it, and thinking of names is sometimes the hardest part of the story (I swear that's why pregnancy lasts 9 months), I'm inserting placeholder names like "Mr. Big Wig" and "The Other Woman" and "The Co-conspirator". Obviously I can't leave it like this. Any ideas? I need 'em all - good guys, bad guys, good girls, and bad girls. :)

On a side note, if anyone can think of a great way to encourage companies to not use stupid commercials to advertise their products, speak up! Maybe old age has made me impatient, but if I hear one more commercial on the radio for sausage biscuits that aren't $50, not $100, but 75 cents, I'm going to personally march down to my nearest whatever-restaurant-that-advertises-that-is and put a sign in their window announcing, "Don't Shop Here Until I Get A Better Advertising Campaign." I'm not opposed to smart advertising. I am opposed to annoying, obnoxious yelling in advertising that treats the average consumer like an idiot. Maybe I should go live in a commune somewhere. Do those still exist?

And while we're on the topic of advertising, if I get one more call/voicemail on my cell phone that isn't a solicitation, but a "business opportunity", I'm going to exercise my first amendment rights on their supervisors and then on their supervisors' supervisors. Anybody with me?

Posted by Honey :: 6:38 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------