Meet My Muse

Monday, May 22, 2006

What a way to start a Monday

Last week was a particularly trying week in my life, and this week looks like a rollercoaster in the making. So when my alarm went off this morning, I did what any sane person facing a Monday morning would do. I hit snooze.

But duty pulled me from my bed 15 minutes later (Mr. Honey will tell you this is actually 15 minutes earlier than usual). I stumbled into the bathroom, grabbed my normal morning handful of vitamins and sinus/allergy medicine, and went to the kitchen to wash 'em down with a cup of water. Then I made myself my normal bowl of cereal and went to the office to eat at my desk while Mr. Honey played at his desk.

And that's when it happened.

Like every other morning, I was mindlessly shoveling spoonful after spoonful of raisin nut bran into my mouth when something out of the ordinary happened. Somehow I'd managed to overload my spoon and stick it too far into my mouth, causing cereal to fall into my throat before I'd had a chance to chew. I had one of those moments where I knew I'd made a mistake, but it was too late to stop it and not soon enough to fix it.

Lucky for me, there was a simple solution: just swallow it whole. It sounded a little bit like, "hrrrglruurrrp," but it cleared my throat right up. It also alarmed Mr. Honey to the fact that something just wasn't right.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Premature swallowing," I answered.

He just sorta stared at me for a minute.

"I took too big of a bite and had to clear my throat," I explained.

He snickered. "Life is never dull with you around, you know that?"

He was rewarded with a rare sight: I smiled at him before I'd finished my breakfast. "Yeah. Thanks."

So now that I've survived premature swallowing, I'm pretty certain the rest of the week will be a breeze.

Posted by Honey :: 7:45 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------