Meet My Muse

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

All Hail the Great Water Bottle

It's been dry around here lately. Really dry. Like, so dry that when I walk outside with wet hair, the surrounding atmosphere instantly evaporates the water molecules out of my hair, leaving me with an unfortunate case of light-socket hair. Well, okay, it's not that bad, but it is really dry. And I am still getting used to my short hair, which is much floofier than my long hair was.

Since it's been so very dry, I was most excited when my water bottle talked to me again today. You may remember the last time it talked to me, except that was a different water bottle. And I think the message was different last time. This time, it was very clear that the water bottle was saying, "Save me! Saa-aaave me! The air is trying to evaporate me from within my safe nesting place! Ack!" And so the gods of the water bottle sent rain to save my talking water bottle. And life was good. And I didn't have to do the funky monkey rain dance (or call Mother Nature a wuss and get Mr. Honey soaked in the process, though he did have to drive a long time in the rain today) to make it happen.

Ahhhh. Smell that? That's the smell of fresh-fallen rain and pollen that's been knocked off its high horse so it can't tease my nose as much today. Hooray for talking water bottles.

Posted by Honey :: 10:59 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------