Meet My Muse

Friday, June 02, 2006

Pop

Last night held a very tragic moment in my life. I hesitate to share it with you all, because I've literally never been so close to tossing my cookies because of something I found on my driveway, but it's too odd and unusual to keep to myself.

I got home from work at my normal time and went about my normal business, along with doing some extra laundry to prep for long weekend trips that Mr. Honey and I are both taking this weekend. (BTW, I'll be out of pocket until next Wednesday, but might find a few things I have to share before I get back.) Since it was trash day, I headed down to the curb and lugged our trash can back to its storage location behind the carport. Then I went about my business tending and talking to my flowers. It's been rather hot with a severe lack of rain in the area lately, so they needed some extra loving. I was squatting on the ground, inspecting my gardenias, and my legs were getting sore. So, I stood up, stretched a little, and turned to head back into the house.

And that's when I saw it.

A flat frog.

A dead flat frog.

If frogs were hollow, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But frogs are not hollow. And the mess on my driveway literally sent my stomach lurching.

Mr. Honey got home 15 minutes later (he'd returned in his car a while before that and then gone back out on his bike). I gave him a pouty face, and he said, "What's wrong?"

So I told him there was a dead frog on our driveway. I kinda pointed in its general direction without looking. He wandered outside, came back a minute later, and said, "Guess I got him good with the car. So when are you going to clean it up?"

Shrieking ensued, naturally.
"WHATDOYOUMEANWHENAMIGOINGTOCLEANUPYOURMESS
YOUSOULLESSBASTARDFROGKILLER?!?!"

Expecting such a reaction, Mr. Honey snickered, and then proceeded to take care of it. Thank goodness.

It wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't known the frog. But I suspect he's lived in our garden hose for three years now. At least now I know he's in frog heaven. Hopefully he's feasting on the horse flies that we've been sending his way.

Posted by Honey :: 8:35 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------