Meet My Muse

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Rain Dance

It's been dry here. We've had thunder every day since Sunday, but can it rain more than a few spits for a minute or two? No, of course not. That might actually help my flowers grow, and the rain gods just can't have that.

Last night, Mr. Honey and I were fixing dinner. Okay, he was fixing dinner and I was watching, because I wasn't sure my stomach had managed to find room for any more food yet following the massive gorging of myself I did at lunch yesterday. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I've eaten that much food and not fallen immediately into a food coma. But back to dinner.

Mr. Honey peeks out the window and says, "Looks like it might rain."

I snort, because, well, we all know it's doomed to never rain in this part of the country again. It's like I have this massive rain-repelling device strapped to my head or something. Wherever I go, the rain does not follow. So I say to Mr. Honey, "Maybe I should go do the rain dance."

Mr. Honey grins. "Yeah, why don't you go do that."

So I do a little mock rain dance in the kitchen.

"Oh, no," Mr. Honey says. "You have to go outside to do the rain dance."

I feign indignation. "But what if the neighbors see me?"

Mr. Honey rolls his eyes. "They already know you."

I decide to see if maybe I can cajole Mother Nature into raining while I contemplate exactly what Mr. Honey meant by that. So I go outside, stare up at the clouds and the miniscule rain drops (if you can call them that) hitting my driveway and I mutter, "Is that all you've got? Just a few measly little mist drops? You wimp. I'll bet you don't know how to make a big rain storm. Wuss."

Then Mother Nature thundered at me. So I went back inside.

"You didn't dance," Mr. Honey says.

"I wasn't in the mood," I reply. "Maybe tomorrow."

Today, of course, the weather forecasts are calling for rain. I'm sure we'll get it - everywhere but my house.

Posted by Honey :: 7:33 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------