Meet My Muse

Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Folly

Mom, Grandma, and Mini-Me arrived safe and sound last night at 9:45 PM. Then we talked until 10:45 PM, at which point everyone in the house collapsed into exhausted heaps. All is well with the family - Mini-Me loves me, Mom was glad to finally arrive, and poor Grandma was beat from their 14-hour drive. I can imagine - I get tired just thinking about it.

This morning at 5:30 AM, Mr. Honey and I awoke to the sound of my cell phone vibrating in my purse. He jumped up and answered it while I mumbled, "Must be a wrong call." Turned out it was a friend of ours. She's been putting in 12+ hour days to get ready for a big project, and she had to report into the office this morning at 3:00 AM. Since we live right around the corner, whereas she lives across town, when she got a chance for an hour's break, she called us up to see if we had a place she could take a brief early-morning nap before heading back into the office.

Here's where it got tricky. We have one guest bed, and Mom and Grandma are sleeping on it. Mini-Me's on the couch. We've got a couple air mattresses, but taking time to blow them up and find sheets and blankets and pillows would be wasting precious sleep time. Since Mr. Honey's usually up at 5:30 AM anyway, and it doesn't kill me to get up early once in a while, the logical answer to our dilemma was to give her our bed. And that's exactly where she was, passed out cold, when I left for work this morning. Mr. Honey's going to wake her up when it's time for her to return to the office.

So then I started thinking. My mother, grandmother, and sister were all sleeping when our friend showed up. Wouldn't it be funny if they all woke up and found a strange woman in my bedroom with my husband? I think it's hysterical. Oh, the possibilities of a misunderstanding... Or maybe it's just that not quite enough sleep has tickled my brain in new and interesting ways.

On a side note, getting up this early and having a window office has a distinct advantage over sleeping in with a non-window office. I'm watching the most gorgeous pink sunset right now. :)

On another side note, I finished Jill Shalvis' Aussie Rules last night. What a great book! I loved the characters, the plot line, the conflict, the airplanes, everything. Now I've got about 10 more of her books on my Amazon wish list. :) Is it Christmas yet? I'd buy more myself, but with all the books I brought home from Nationals, Mr. Honey would kill me if I took a trip to the bookstore. (Wonder if he'll pop in here and contradict that?)

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend, everybody.

Posted by Honey :: 6:40 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------