Meet My Muse

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ugh

It's Tuesday, which is T-2.5 days until the family arrives. Mom is still torturing me with puppy talk, even snooping so low as to send pictures yesterday. But I've discovered the truth. She's torturing me because she's secretly harboring desires to adopt a new Kodi-dog for herself. Keep at it, Mini-me. She'll break. She can still travel once you're out of her house, even if she has a pup to take care of, because I know you and that other sister of ours will be happy to watch over the sweet angel for her while she and Dad are out of town.

Today being today also means that dreaded annual appointment has rolled around once again. No, not that appointment. I wouldn't subject you to those details. But I actually think this appointment today is worse than that appointment. Today, I go to the eye doctor.

I love my eye doctor. He makes sure my prescription is correct and even offers me cute little eye drops to help ease the pain of irritation caused by living in the south, where it's allergy season year-round. But does he have to render me incapable of doing anything for the rest of the day every time I see him? *sigh* I'm such a baby when it comes to getting my eyes dilated.

It's my own fault. Four years ago, I had my eyes dilated for the first time since I was in second grade. Then I went home and watched TV for 5 hours. Yeah, I know. Stupid. I've had my eyes dilated two more times since then, and last year's drive home convinced me to get a ride for this year's appointment. Yeah, I know again. Stupid. This year, I'm going to take a nap when I get home. I'll lay in bed and plot, coming up with both plausible and outrageous ideas. Then I'll promptly forget all of them and bang my head against the keyboard for not putting a notebook beside the bed.

Anyway, that's how my day's shaping up. How about you? Any interesting plans for this beautiful (hot) Tuesday?

Posted by Honey :: 7:33 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------