Meet My Muse

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Can't Sit Still

Is it time to go yet? I'm ready. Bags are mostly packed. Got a phone call appointment at home at 2 this afternoon, and then I'm heading off to Atlanta. I'll be giggling and gossiping with all my RWAOnline friends within 7 hours of typing this, and I can't wait. I've been counting down to today for almost a year now, ever since I realized Nationals would be just two hours down the road this year.

I don't have big lofty goals of being discovered in a bar by the editor and/or agent that I was meant to work with. I just want to be a part of the action, to see what goes on and learn what I can. I want to walk away with a renewed love of writing and reading, and hopefully a suitcase full of books, too. ;) I want to learn what I can while I'm there and take away the memories and lessons to improve my craft, along with audio copies of all the workshops so I can continue to learn once I'm home. I want to have a few days away from the normalcy of home, a vacation, to shake off some of the stress I've felt the last couple weeks.

Most of all, I wish ALL of my fellow Alphabet Girls were going, instead of only 4 of us. Maybe next year, right? :)

'Til next week (or later this week if I happen to snag an internet connection somewhere)...

-h

Posted by Honey :: 9:49 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------