Meet My Muse

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Why Oreos Should Be Vegetables

Mr. Honey has this thing about Oreo shakes. He likes them. And if Mr. Honey likes something with ice cream, milk, and Oreo cookies in it, you can bet I'm going to take advantage of that. So we currently have a package of Oreos sitting on our counter at home, but we've run out of ice cream. Darn it, now I have to eat my Oreos with milk. Except we're out of milk at the moment, too. So I'll just have to eat my Oreos plain, at least until I get to the grocery store and get more ice cream and milk. And that's okay with me, too. :)

So having Oreos got me to thinking. Life would be so much better if Oreos were vegetable. Seriously. For instance...

1. Remember how your mom used to always (and sometimes still does) tell you to eat your vegetables? If Oreos were vegetables, we wouldn't have to be told.
2. Oreos require no preparation. No washing, no cutting, no tossing in a salad and covering with the right dressing. As noted above, they're perfect as is, right out of the bag. It would be a vegetable of convenience.
3. I've never gotten sick from eating too many vegetables. If Oreos were reclassified as vegetables, I wouldn't get sick from eating too many of them.
4. Craving a salad? Have an Oreo milk shake.
5. We're supposed to eat vegetables from a variety of color groups. Red vegetables, yellow vegetables, green vegetables, etc. Oreos come in a variety of flavors. Original Oreos, Golden Oreos, Fudge Mint Covered Oreo, Double Delight Oreo Peanut Butter & Chocolate, etc. Coincidence? I think not.
6. Saturday morning cartoons would include commercials for vegetables if Oreos were vegetables.
7. What other vegetable tastes so good with milk?

What do you think? What other food should be considered a vegetable? Why? I'm so very curious this morning.

Posted by Honey :: 8:51 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------