Meet My Muse

Thursday, September 21, 2006

PB&J

Most mornings, I make myself a bag lunch to take to work. Three days ago, just as I have every morning for the past two weeks, I pulled out the bread, peanut butter, and jelly. Except the jelly lid wasn't on all the way, and I didn't realize it. So, I grabbed the jar by the lid, and the jar fell down. Miraculously, it didn't break. It just fell on the floor and spewed strawberry jelly all over everywhere.

About noon that day, Mr. Honey called me from home. He was there fixing his own lunch, and he wanted to know what the red sticky stuff all over the fridge was. Doh! I'd cleaned the mess on the floor, but I missed the mess in the fridge. So I promised to clean it up when I got home, then promptly forgot, so Mr. Honey cleaned it for me while I was out last night.

Yesterday afternoon, thinking the jelly incident was behind me, I realized a big bunch of my hair was stuck to my shoe. Turns out I'd been walking around with jelly all over my shoe, too. Goodness only knows what all my shoe might've picked up. So I cleaned my shoe, and life was good again. Until we find the next spot I didn't notice the jelly went to when the jar dropped.

So the moral of the story today is, don't pick up jelly jars by the lid. Seriously.

Posted by Honey :: 11:24 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------