Meet My Muse

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day One - Coming Home

I thought about being one of those crazy cat ladies who can't quit gushing about her kittens, but then I realized that might be sorta boring for some of you. So I thought I'd let you know how the day went, from the kitty sisters' points of view. So here are your narrators for today.
This is Jinx:
Hi!  I'm Jinx.

And this is Saffron:
I'm Saffron.  I only look mean.

Saffron and Jinx arrived at the Honey household at 8:30 AM Saturday morning. They sat in their carrier for a good while, still unnamed by their silly humans.
Jinx and Saffron in the carrier
Saffron: "Those humans are still staring at us. Why are they staring at us? Where's my mom?"
Jinx: "Would you calm down? I can't sleep."
Saffron: "But I don't know where Mom is. And those humans are still watching us."
Jinx: "Chill out. They're not the kitty-eating human types."
Saffron: "But how can you tell?"
Jinx: "Just trust me. And get off me. I can't sleep."

After a while, Saffron and Jinx decided to emerge from the carrier in search of water and food. But they didn't want the humans to touch them yet. The humans saved them from the killer scrapbooks in the bookcase and deposited them first in the litter box, and then in the scratching post tree.
Jinx and Saffron in the cat tree
Saffron: "Psst. Jinx. They're calling you some weird name. What's may-may? Don't they know you're a Jinx? Why are they still staring at us? Hide me. Hide me!"
Jinx: "Saffron, you're doing it again. Chill. Let's take a nap. We can play with the humans later. Moving is tiring."
Saffron: "Are you sure they're not kitten-eating humans? The one with the big hair is scary."
Jinx: "She's our new mom. Relax. I'm going back to sleep."
Saffron: "I don't want a new mom. Hide me!"
Jinx: "ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...."

Jinx only fell out of the cat tree once before someone knocked on the door. And then someone else knocked on the door. All of a sudden, Saffron and Jinx were the center of 8 people's attention. Jinx gradually acclimated to the attention, though Saffron remained suspicious of her humans. Jinx attacked the feather fishing pole toy as though her humans' lives depended on it.
Jinx: "Feathers! Kill the feathers!"
Saffron: "Don't touch those! You don't know where they've been. Hide me. Hide me!"

By nightfall, Jinx had decided the human with the big hair was friendly enough to qualify for a nose sniff and a purr followed by a headbutt. Saffron was still concerned about the worthiness of these humans to forever be her caretakers, but with Jinx in the lead, things are looking good for the Honey family.

Posted by Honey :: 1:34 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------