Meet My Muse

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I knew better...

...but I didn't listen to my body.

I went back to the gym almost two weeks ago. It's the first time since last November that I've managed to go more than once in a month. I've been doing pretty good, too. At least, I was until yesterday. That's when my muse and Kristen's chaos gods tag-teamed me. Now I can't move my neck more than 15 degrees to either side.

And I knew better. I did. I was sore when I hit the weights (not in my neck, but I was still sore), but I did it anyway. It's like my body wanted me to hurt it. Now why would my body do that to me? Because it's evil. For the same reason it makes me eat Oreo cookies and Pringles. The same reason it tells me my butt has to be this big so there's lots of padding when I sit on hard park benches. The same reason nature invented the phrase "There's just more of you to love." Because it hates me.

I have further proof of my body's rebellion against me. This morning, I woke up with a tickle in my throat. The tickle is progressing into a dull ache, with its buddies dancing in my nostrils and sinus cavities, making it difficult for me to breathe. Why do colds hit in the middle of summer? I'd guess this is a warning sign of a rough winter ahead, except I'm pretty certain Mr. Honey picked it up at Dragon Con and accidentally brought it home.

Do you have a favorite sore muscle and/or cold remedy? (Aside from skipping the weight lifting, which is a given until I'm healed.) Warm tea with honey sound heavenly right now. If you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with the hot water maker.

Posted by Honey :: 7:49 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------