Meet My Muse

Monday, September 25, 2006

A Weekend Away

Mr. Honey and I left the kittens home and took a trip to visit friends. It was tough leaving our little babies behind, but they were in good hands. The neighbors actually fought over who got to watch them. I'm enjoying this now, because I know once they're grown cats and not cute little kittens, that won't happen very often. :)

While we were gone, I had this horrible dream that Jinx died from a blocked esophogus. How crazy is that? Needless to say, I was thrilled to get home and find my kitties safe and sound, having survived another flea bath (I love my neighbors). Now they're old enough, so we've applied the flea medicine and I've got my fingers crossed it knocks out this little problem.

Aside from the irrational dreams, we had a great weekend and even got in our fix of Sid Meier's Pirates! computer game. Hopefully we'll be able to go back for another visit soon. A visit with our friends, not with the computer game.

Unfortunately, the front of our van is now coated with dead love bugs. What's a love bug, you ask? This is a love bug. Er, rather, that's a picture of two love bugs, demonstrating why they're called love bugs. Icky, huh? And while it's a good theory, Snopes says that love bugs are not the result of a genetic experiment gone wrong. But what I want to know is, are they born joined like that? And if they are, how do the baby love bugs, uh, get out? That's really too much for my little brain to ponder on a Monday, so I'll settle for promising myself to scrub the love bugs from my bumper this afternoon, since Snopes also indicates that love bugs left on a car too long are likely to cause paint problems. Icky icky icky!! Who wants to be know for having the car with the permanent indentation of mating suicidal love bugs?

Posted by Honey :: 10:49 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------