Meet My Muse

Monday, April 23, 2007

Who knew?

I discovered yesterday that one of my kittens has a superpower. I never knew wearing a tuxedo would give Jinx such an amazing calling in life. She's like James Bond in kitten form, except she doesn't need a silly Aston Martin or the latest in technology. All her power is self-contained.

It's not the ninja-fu that my kitten has mastered that makes her a superstar. True, she and Saffron both have the amazing ability of being able to ninja-chop their food and scamper after it as it slides across the floor, then pounce with kitty agility and eat it all up. They've taught themselves to bounce off the walls, Matrix-style, when running through the hallways, which never fails to crack us up. They fly to the top of their cat tree with nimble claws, the sounds reaching our ears only after they're safely perched on top of their worlds, surveying their dominion. But that's not Jinx's superpower either.

Not at all.

My kitten is a super-drooler.

I'd suspected this for a while, but I had yet to catch her in the act of performing her superpower. I'd notice the side effects, the wet drops on my arms after holding her while she was half-asleep and purring contentedly in my arms, but I never definitively saw the source. Yesterday, my suspicions were confirmed.

She'd crawled into my arms as I sat on our love seat, attempting to write. Within seconds, she'd made it clear with a little whimper and a purr, that my job was not to write, but to hold the kitty while she napped. And then I felt the drop.

"I think she just drooled on me," I told Mr. Honey. He grunted, as he was preoccupied with saving the world on X-Box.

A moment later, I felt another drop, so I bent over my kitten and stared at her. She looked back at me, a giant drop of drool protruding from the apex of her little kitty lips, growing larger by the second, until it plopped down onto my arm and was replaced by another drop.

"She is drooling!" I exclaimed. Mr. Honey merely smiled and went back to shooting things.

So, there you have it. My kitten, my Jinx, is a superhero. She can drool with the best of them.

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 10:29 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------