Meet My Muse

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Great Snark

The past few months, I've lurked at the feet of the greatness that is all things Snark.

If you haven't met Miss Snark for yourself yet, today's the day you need to run over there and get acquainted. Today, fellow aspiring writers, is the day she warns us against turning into this person. She gives such an eloquent response to a question I hope to never be guilty of asking.

I don't ever want to fall into the same trap as this snarkling. None of us are infallible. You won't ever catch me (seriously) claiming to be, either. We all make mistakes, and in the perfect world of Honeydom, we all strive to be better. While I've never taken a poll of the literary behemoths of today and yesteryear, I'd bet a good chunk of change that the great majority of them could find something wrong with their masterpieces.

My mss need work. They're not perfect. Could I sell them as they are? I dunno - I haven't even begun the querying process. All I know is, my best is the best I can give it. And that's what I'm going to give.

I know I need confidence if I'm going to get published. Confidence and some thick skin. I've got some stored up. But what I don't need is arrogance. Do me a favor, okay? If I ever begin to sound like Miss Snark's misguided snarkling, please knock me down a notch or two. Or sixteen. Whatever it takes.

Posted by Honey :: 3:54 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------