Meet My Muse

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Kids say the darndest things...

Somehow, I've managed to surround myself with young'uns lately. (Yes, I know, I qualify as a "young'un" to many of you out there. Let me finish.) These little whippersnappers between the ages of 0 and 7 have seriously cracked me up lately.

First up was dinner Friday night. It was girls' night out, but three of the 5 of us brought kids. (I was not one of the 5, because Mr. Honey and I have yet to make a honeybun.) Two of the ladies I was with shared an entree. They each threw money into the pot to pay for their meal and their respective son's meal. When the change came back, there were a couple dollars (tip money) and a $10. They couldn't agree on whose $10 it was, so they sat there for 5 minutes shoving the $10 back and forth across the table. (I'm not kidding, I watched this that long and didn't get bored.) "No, you keep it, it's your change." "No, I had this $15 margarita and you didn't. You keep it." And then the one little boy settled it for them. He started chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight!" He's like, 6 years old! So, the ladies got up on the table and starting clawing at each other's hair and pulling their clothes off for mud wrestling. Er, or not. But the gentlemen in the restaurant would have appreciated it.

Yesterday, I went to a scrapbooking event at a friend's house. She's got a 4-year-old. When the little girl came out in her pajamas, she got to say hi to all of the ladies gathered there. When my friend introduced me to her little girl, my friend said, "Look at how long Miss Honey's hair is, sweetheart. Wouldn't you like to have hair that long?" And the little girl's eyes got real big, and she shook her head and very forcefully said, "NO!" Smart kid. Long hair weighs a lot. Neck strain. (I love you, Mr. Honey, and I'm not planning to cut my hair anytime soon.)

Today I made a baby cry at lunch. That's not a very exciting story.

When I was in high school, my baby sister was just starting kindergarten. My prom date came to pick me up, and my baby sister took one look at him and yelled, "It's okay, Dad, you can put your shotgun away."

Anyway, that's all I wanted to talk about today. Now back to Alter Ego edits. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day tomorrow.

Posted by Honey :: 4:03 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------