Meet My Muse

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Out, Damn Song! Out!

I spent most of today reading the last 450 pages or so of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. And now I have that stupid song stuck in my head. You know, the one about the scotsman who got too drunk, passed out under a tree, and two girls came along to see what God had graced him with upon his... you know. And they tied the blue ribbon around it, and when he woke up, he told it, "Lad, I don't know where you been, but I see you won first prize"? Yeah. That song.

And I've lost my voice. Not my speaking voice, but my writing voice. Whenever I get into a book that I'm reading (especially a book that's 850 pages long), I find it takes a few days to shake out my own voice again to a point that I recognize it, much as I can recognize my own voice, that is.

In case you're wondering, Yes, I enjoyed the book immensely. Went right out to Amazon and put the rest of them on my wish list.

Posted by Honey :: 8:53 PM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------