Meet My Muse

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Spaghetti Story

One day, when I'm famous, I'll be the poster child for geeky klutzes everywhere.

Yesterday, all day long, I contemplated getting home from work, changing out of my work clothes and into a dark t-shirt, and making spaghetti. So, what did I do when I got home from work? Yup, you guessed it. I changed into a light-gray t-shirt and made spaghetti.

And I got spaghetti sauce all over it. Okay, not all over it, but the shirt is definitely spotted in places. And Mr. Honey just stood there, shaking his head and chuckling (as is appropriate, seeing as I do things of this nature quite frequently).

Yesterday morning when I got ready for work, I started to grab my red shirt. I told myself, No, don't wear red today, wear it tomorrow when you take leftover spaghetti to work for lunch. So, I wore light blue yesterday. And this morning I put on my red shirt, because I was going to take leftover spaghetti for lunch.

Except I didn't bring spaghetti for lunch. As I knew I wouldn't when I got up this morning, because Mr. Honey asked me last night if I'd like to go out for lunch instead, since he's going to be in my relative neck of the woods at lunch time. So, there's no chance I'm going to spill spaghetti sauce on my red shirt. But if I'm lucky, I might toss some salsa down my front. And the geeky klutzes of the world will cheer and offer me one of those Tide marker thingies to get the stain out.

Posted by Honey :: 8:50 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------