Meet My Muse

Saturday, February 25, 2006

More signs of the apocolypse

It's gotta be coming. I did two things today I've been resisting for years.

First, I got my own cell phone. With my own number. And I have supreme authority to enter phone numbers for my friends into the address book.

I didn't want a cell phone. I like being unreachable. (Yes, this means work will not be aware of my cell phone. Or, they'll be aware of my cell phone, but not my cell number.) I don't want to be one of those "important people" who have to be reachable everywhere, at all times. Matter of fact, I'm not that important. I have no unique knowledge about anything that involves life or death situations that will only be remedied by being accessible by cell phone. End of story. But now I've got a cell phone anyway.

Now, for the next recent sign of the end of the world approaching.

I bought panties and bras today.

I'll give you a minute to recover.

Feel better now? :)

I haven't bought bras or panties in 3 years. It was time. But I kept pushing it off, because I figured as soon as I broke down and bought new undergarments, some biological force would impede in my life and cause me to change sizes. So, maybe this isn't a sign of the apocolypse. Maybe it's a sign of impending failure of contraceptive methods.

Hope you all have had better than "Prophecy of Doom" days today. :)

-honey

Posted by Honey :: 9:39 PM :: 9 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------