Meet My Muse

Friday, February 10, 2006

Huh?

I've lived in the south long enough, I thought I'd discovered all their weird little idiosyncracies. Apparently not.

Last night, a friend of mine relayed a story about something that happened on her way into work yesterday. It happened around 7:30 AM. She was minding her own business, walking from the parking lot to the building, when she noticed the aroma of hamburgers. Grilled hamburgers.

As she walked further, she passed a couple grills, where men were busying grilling... hamburgers.

She walked into the building and came across a table full of... hamburger buns.

So, logically, she turned to the lady keeping an eye on the hamburger buns and said, "Hamburgers? For breakfast?"

The lady stared at her like she'd just asked the stupidest question in the world. Like, where do I go to buy peanut butter? Or, isn't Barry Manilow hot? And the lady replied, "Uh, NO. It's sausages on a bun."

So, tell me. Have you every heard of sausage patties on a bun for breakfast? Not on a biscuit, mind you. On a bun.

I'm telling you, the world is coming to an end.

Posted by Honey :: 7:35 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------