Meet My Muse

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Things I learned while visiting Mr. Honey on his business trip

I had a great time in Florida this weekend, partly because I got away from home and didn't think about work for 3 whole days, and partly because I was right on the beach with Mr. Honey, and partly because I got to meet my very cool CP. But I also learned a few things.

1. When away from home on business trips, Mr. Honey buys Oatmeal Cream Pies. He knows they're outlawed at home (has to do with the oatmeal-cream-pie-to-Honey's-hips ratio), so it appears he indulges while away from home. Thanks for sharing, Mr. Honey!

2. If you have to drive 6 hours in a car to get to your destination, invite a friend. Make sure he's a bad passenger so you can ride shotgun the whole way. Control freak? Maybe. But I didn't have to drive, so I didn't mind a bit.

3. A Ford Taurus jacked up on monster truck wheels is still a Ford Taurus - it just looks like it's trying to be cool. (Kinda like our minivan with the spoiler on it...)

4. Chocolate cake at the Hip Pocket Deli is still orgasmically wonderful. The Baklava rocks, too. You can't go wrong with the carrot cake, either. Yummy. (Oh, yeah, the sandwiches on the menu are wonderful, too)

5. If you plan to go to The Crepery for breakfast, because you don't have a clue where else in the South you can get cheese blintzes for breakfast, call first. Otherwise you'll get there and discover they've closed up shop and end up driving all the way to Panama City before you find something else for breakfast.

6. Hole in the wall donut shops are the best. Well worth the drive from Destin to Panama City Beach.

7. I've always known peanut butter cures my hiccups. I learned this weekend it can work for other people, too. Reese's peanut butter cups work in a pinch (like, if you don't want to walk into the hotel restaurant and ask for a spoonful of peanut butter, just go to the gift shop and buy the peanut butter cups).

8. You just never know when you'll get to witness cocktail sauce shooting out of someone's ass. This romantic comedy writer is grateful for everyday inspiration.

What did you learn this weekend?

Posted by Honey :: 8:41 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------