Meet My Muse

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Where the Winged Things Are

A few weeks back I had an unfortunate incident with a bird assaulting my vehicle. Sadly, only my vehicle lived to tell the tale. Then soon after, bugs began ramming their heads into my windows at work. Now we're back to the birds.

Over the weekend, I took down two of my hanging baskets to remove some of the dead leaves. In one basket, I found two nests. In one of the nests were three eggs, about the size of cadbury mini eggs. I'd known there was a bird in my basket earlier in the year, but Mr. Honey convinced me it was okay to water the baskets because birds get rained on all the time, so why shouldn't they get watered with the flowers? Besides, if the flowers die, what kind of protection would the nests have from the heat and other winged things? Well, that bird took off, but it appears since I rehung the baskets this weekend that I've gained a second bird. Or maybe this bird owns the second nest with the eggs in it. Not entirely sure. But even though I switched the locations of the baskets, thinking the eggs were already goners, there's a bird that flies out of the basket everytime I enter or exit my house, or pull up in my driveway.

So the question of the day is... Will there be baby birdies in Honey's hanging baskets, or did a lonely bird just find a new nest to call home?

Posted by Honey :: 11:32 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------