Meet My Muse

Monday, October 30, 2006

My muse hires a hitman...

Mr. Honey and I are taking a tropical cruise for Christmas this year, so it stands to reason that I would suddenly find it necessary to get to the gym. Swimsuit season approaches, at least for a week at Christmastime.

A year ago I decided my muse lives at the gym, and that she was planning to kill me through exercise. This past Saturday, I decided I was right about the planning to kill me part, but the ol' muse doesn't live at the gym currently. She's off somewhere enjoying a swimsuit season of her own. She's mad because I haven't been using her in my writing as much as she'd like. I've proven I can write without her, and she's pissed. But I never thought she'd stoop so low in revenge as to hire hitmen to ambush me at the fitness center while she's vacationing.

Seriously, what other explanation is there for the wrenching my neck received on Saturday? I can hardly turn my neck, though I'm better today than I was yesterday. The saddest part of all this, is that my injury happened... wait for it... on a treadmill. I did not fall off the treadmill, nor did I use it in any purpose aside from normal intended treadmill usage. I walked. I jogged a teeny tiny little bit. I cooled down. And now my neck hurts. It's not like I was lifting weights improperly, or using any of those funky yoga toys, like balancing on those big bouncy balls for ab work. I just walked. The only possible explanation is that my muse got tired of torturing me herself and sent the hitmen to put a twist in my neck. At least she's getting creative again.

How was your weekend?

Posted by Honey :: 10:18 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------