Meet My Muse

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nightmares amidst a storm

I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping this morning, which brings back a very painful memory from last night. See, at 2:30 AM, I awoke to the sounds of thunder exploding over my house and rain pouring down like all the angels in the sky had simultaneously decided to overturn those buckets of tears they've been hoarding since early April. It was fantastic.

But the downside, of course, was that waking up in the middle of the night inspired some rather unpleasant dreams. In fact, I dreamed I was at the grocery store. My cart was like the bottomless pit - it took hours and hours to empty everything I was purchasing onto the belt, and I don't remember how high the mountain of bags was. I do, however, remember the bill. And I distinctly remember thinking, "Mr. Honey isn't going to like this." See, Mr. Honey's out of town for the month, so it's just me and the kitties that I have to feed. And there was no way in the world I could justify over $400 for one week's worth of groceries for the 3 of us, 2 of whom exclusively eat cat food. Good cat food, but not gourmet cat food. Either I was planning on eating filet mignon every night, with a side of some rare vegetable and caviar, or I was planning to get fat. I'm not sure I like either option. So now, I'm off to buy regular fruits and vegetables, and hope like hell it costs less than $400.

Happy Tuesday!

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 10:47 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------