Meet My Muse

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Perils of Unemployment

aka, Why I've been a blog slacker despite having more time on my hands.

I've been officially unemployed since Friday. As you can see, it's been over a week since I've been here, despite all this new time on my hands, so it's probably pretty obvious that either I've been really busy keeping house with these extra 9 hours on my hands every day, or I've been lazy about switching from my real gmail account to my blogger gmail account, for fear of forgetting one of my passwords and forever being locked out of my everyday account. Bad blogger. I'm working on a solution to this problem now, I swear. If only I could think of a reasonable pen name that doesn't sound like a hooker's call sign...

So this morning, I'm sitting here on my couch, kittens snuggled up napping on either side of me, wondering how early I can call my neighbor to go take a 4-mile walk through the neighborhood. And I have nothing witty to say. It's like I left my funny brain behind when I walked out of those doors of my former place of employment Thursday evening. Or maybe it's the extreme amount of writing I've managed to get done in the last 2 days. (That word count over on the sidebar, by the way, is for the first draft. I've just surpassed it in the second draft, so if I can get my lazy fingers to do anything other than type in the wip today, you might see it updated tonight.)

No funny dreams lately, no obnoxious run-ins with any coworkers who have no idea how hilarious they are (No, I won't stamp your personal bills for you!), just some housecleaning and writing and visiting with Mr. Honey, who's about 3 hours away for a month of training. Oh, and reading. Lots and lots of reading - 3 books plus 3/4 of an audio book since last Monday. Woo-hoo! That's one part of summer vacation that'll never get old.

Anyway, in honor of all this new time on my hands, I'm blogging today about time management over at the Deadline Divas. Hope you'll stop on by!

Happy Hump Day.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Honey :: 7:41 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------