Meet My Muse

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Accountability, Day One

Over at the Deadline Divas today, I'm talking about time management and my serious lack of discipline with it. So, for the next week, I'm going to try to follow my schedule (weekends excluded, especially since the fam is coming over to visit this weekend), and then see if my dedication to my writing improves this week.

With that in mind, here's what I did today:
7:15 - Got up, got breakfast, checked email
8:10 - Showered, dishes, bit more email
9:00 - Writing (774 words done)
10:00 - Starving, break for food and check email
10:30 - Writing (2,007 words done)
12:20 - Starving again, break for lunch, check email and internet, pet kitties
1:10 - Writing (1,421 words done)
2:30 - Short break, check email
2:45 - Writing with cats in lap (872 words)
3:30 - Short break, snack and email, fail miserably at opening an apple juice bottle
3:45 - Writing (872 words)
4:30 - Brain fried for the day. Reward self by blogging and playing Pirates! until Mr. Honey gets home

All said and done, between the hours of 7:15 AM and 4:30 PM (for a total of 9 hours and 15 minutes between waking and quitting), I spent 5 hours, 40 minutes writing, for a total of 5,946 words, which is the equivalent of almost 24 pages. That's more than I've written the last two weeks combined. I think this schedule thing may be good for me. (I'm not yet ready to add up how many hours I spent checking my email.)

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 8:35 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------