Meet My Muse

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Hangover


No, not that kind of hangover. A sugar hangover. A Cadbury mini-egg hangover, to be precise.

(I hear that snickering, Mr. Honey. Shush.)

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm not much of a drinker. Dr. Pepper is my alcohol of choice, though I did partake of a BBC (banana, Bailey's, and Colada mix) yesterday along with my Dr. Pepper. Maybe that's my problem, mixing liquors. But I had to run to the store yesterday morning to pick up a couple final things, and whaddya know, the Easter candy was on sale. So, I bought a peanut-butter filled chocolate Nemo (so we could have fish with Easter dinner), a solid chocolate Dove bunny for me, and a bag of Cadbury mini-eggs. (Yes, I got a scolding from Mr. Honey when I got home for buying crack in chocolate form. But to be fair, mini-eggs are also known as "Happy Pills" when used to keep a bride calm the two days before her wedding. Yes, I know this first-hand. And yes, mini-eggs will keep from Easter until at least July.)

I told Mr. Honey that the mini-eggs were for decoration, and our Easter dinner guests would help eat them. Sure enough, if you put a bag of mini-eggs in a basket as a centerpiece on your Easter dinner table, your guests will eat them. Unfortunately, they didn't eat all of them, and since it was Easter, I ate a good number before the day was over. Yes, on top of the Dr. Pepper and BBC.

Dude, I woke up feeling like someone had smashed a hammer between my eyeballs while I slept last night. When I slept, that is, because apparently I can't have Dr. Pepper after 2 in the afternoon without it interfering with my normal circadian rhythms. This makes me wonder, were I a heavy drinker, would I have to do my drinking before noon in order to get a good night's rest? I hear they ask about stuff like that on some job applications.

So, the moral of the story today is, Cadbury mini-eggs are like crack. They're also like Pringles. Highly addictive, and once I pop, I can't stop.

Happy Easter Monday!

Posted by Honey :: 8:04 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------