Meet My Muse

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A brief review of the beginning of my 28th year of life

Wow, that's a boring title. Turn 27, and all the humor leaves me. But it does sound sort of aristocratic and scholarly, doesn't it?

After the initial shock of beginning my birthday with the hiccups, things got better. I did my hours at work and went home. I talked to Mr. Honey on the phone a lot. :) (Hi, Mr. Honey! I hope you're feeling better today.)

My neighbors threw me a great birthday party. If you've never put Hidden Valley Ranch dry ranch salad dressing mix into your mashed potatoes, you're missing out. Those make for some really tasty potatoes. Those mashed potatoes are 3/4 of the reason I asked for a ham dinner for my birthday. :)

And then I opened presents. (Hehehe...) A friend of mine (the one I made the boob cake for) got me the coolest book EVER. It's a dream dictionary. Man, did we have fun with that one! It's gonna be great research material.

And then we sat around and listened to stories that made our sides hurt from laughing so hard. Seriously, if you're over the age of 21, and don't have a friend who did everything in the book to try to give his parents a heart attack as a teen and can tell the stories with a straight face, go find one. Really. The stories about him drinking gas when he tried to siphon it the wrong way... priceless.

And then I called home and told my mom that I wrote a book and gave her the link to this blog. Oh, by the way - Hi, Mom! Hi, Dad! Hi, Mini-Me! Hi, Other Sister Who Doesn't Have A Nickname Yet Because We're Too Old For Me to Call You Brat In A Public Forum! (We'll work on that, shall we?) And it was cool - my mom is going to read my book today! And then I woke up this morning and realized the word "electroejaculation" exists on about page 14 or 16, and I freaked out. But life goes on. She'll love me anyway. (BTW, note to the fam - here's a link to the explanation of my personalities. You might find it illuminating.)

Oh, yeah. I learned something yesterday: I need to remember my audience when I announce that I'm undergoing a lifestyle change. To me, that's a pleasant way of saying I'm going on a diet and exercise plan. To my friends and neighbors... well, let's just say they were worried about how poor Mr. Honey would take the news. LOL!! And this after I "came out of the closet" with my writing... Hmmm. Must seriously rethink some of my wordings...

And if you're still with me... Check this out. With a box of tissues nearby.

Happy Weekend!

Posted by Honey :: 8:10 AM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------